The Imagination Library is an early literacy program targeting children from birth to age 5. Every child that signs up for this program is mailed a free age-appropriate book each month until his or her 5th birthday.
This is a wonderful opportunity for ALL children in Union County at no cost to the family.Can you just imagine the excitement of the child who runs to the mailbox each month to get his very own book? Can you just feel the love and encouragement as he sits in a loved ones lap while reading? These are pleasurable experiences that will not only help a child learn to read, but learn to LOVE to read. The benefits of this program will be reflected in our community for years to come.
To register your child for the Imagination Library click here.
- Approximately 70,000 free books have been mailed to Union County children since the program's kick-off in 2004.
- Any child from birth up to age five can enroll.
- Approximately 75% of the eligible children in our county are enrolled in this program.
- Every child who enrolls will have a free age-appropriate book mailed to his or her home every month.
- Registration is free and open year-round.
- Reading to infants boosts speech and language development and increases overall intelligence.
- Nearly 600 children are currently enrolled in the Imagination Library of Union County. The Imagination Library is completely funded by community donations and grants.
The Imagination Library of Union County is not possible without the support and financial backing of area businesses, organizations, and individuals. Please consider making a one-time donation or becoming an ongoing sponsor. All donations will be greatly appreciated and you will be recognized for your support.